Steve Bruner joined Denman & Company in 1994 and has been a member of our assurance and attestation committee ever since. He serves closely held and nonprofit organization clients located in Iowa and throughout the United States, and his experience covers a wide variety of industries including health care, education, manufacturing, and real estate development companies. His work in health care, particularly with Critical Access Hospitals, has been focused on cost reimbursement strategies and consulting projects including profitability analysis, statistical benchmarking, what-if projections, debt capacity studies, and financial feasibility studies related to department restructurings, remodeling projects, and complete hospital facility replacements.
He also oversees audit engagements covering a variety of governmental entities, which include single audit (A-133), U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development program compliance, and employee benefit plans. Steve is also a member of our recruiting team.
- BBA in Accounting, Iowa State University
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Waterbury Neighborhood Association
- St. John’s Lutheran Church
- Roosevelt High School Foundation
- Iowa State Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta