Primary responsibility is auditing nonprofits, employee benefit plans, and other business entities ensuring that all financial data is recorded and reported consistently in accordance with standards. This position serves as the liaison between the partner, the client and the professional staff. Responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing & coordinating engagement workflow. Also, developing and training staff and making association to develop new business for the Firm.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation or review engagement.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 3-7 years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Hold a valid Certified Public Accountant license (CPA)
- Frequent same day travel to client’s offices, with some occasional out-of-town travel/overnight stays to clients, meetings, or seminars.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year
- Knowledge of GAAP and various software applications