Denman & Company has provided services to healthcare facilities since our inception. We have assembled a strong healthcare team and developed a broad range of service offerings to best serve our clients.
Our clients include:
- Hospitals (prospective payment system and Critical Access; governmental, nonprofit and physician owned)
- Skilled nursing facilities/long-term care facilities
- Outpatient surgery centers
- Imaging Centers
- Audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and Government Auditing Standards, when applicable.
- Medicare cost reporting, including interpretation and application of regulations; assistance in maximizing reimbursement and representation during third party intermediary examinations.
- Financial feasibility studies that include market share analysis; facility cost and financing analysis; accounting and statistical analysis; manpower, supply and equipment analysis; and preparation of forecasted financial statements tailored for specific financing alternatives.
- Physician relationship management, including physician recruitment; clinic operations; fee and salary analysis; third party payor compliance, personnel policies; office automation; accounting, tax and financial planning and compliance.
- Tax services, including implications of unrelated business income; tax considerations of fund raising programs including implications to donors; and review or preparation of tax returns (990s, income, payroll, sales and other taxes).
- Strategic planning including market-based approaches to medical staff recruitment, retention and case mix management; tactical plans related to diversification strategies; development of community outreach programs; joint and multi-hospital ventures; capital budgeting; modernization and expansion plans; equipment acquisition; feasibility and cost containment studies; and applications for certificates of need.
Recent projects completed:
- Review of proposed Medicare intermediary adjustments to cost reports, negotiation of changes to proposed settlements to maximize reimbursements and resolution of issues.
- Reopening of closed Medicare cost reports due to changes in interpretation of regulations.
- Trend analysis of Medicare reimbursement by department.
- Analysis of the effects of proposed and final legislation such as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Preparation of initial financial feasibility studies related to debt capacity of proposed construction projects, assisted hospital in engaging a bond underwriter and in the formation of construction/financing team, including architect, construction manager and attorneys.
- Preparation of compiled or examined financial statements.
- Preparation of Medicare Geographic Reclassifications.
- Preparation of financial analysis to determine impact of Critical Access Hospital status, including a review of existing cost report allocation methodologies.
- Performed operational review of hospital departments, including FTE benchmarking and overall organizational reviews.
- Corrected Hospital Specific Rates incorrectly calculated by the intermediary.
- Prepared Disproportionate Share Payment calculations.
- Prepared Sole Community Hospital Applications.
Our understanding of your unique circumstances complements our extensive experience in accounting and consulting to make us the right partner for you. Let’s get started today: Call 515.225.8400 to talk to one of our team members.